Sindh Factories Act 2015
• Short title, extent, commencement and application.
• Reference to time of day.
• Seasonal factories.
• Power to apply provisions applicable to factories to certain other places.
• Power to declare departments to be separate factories.
• Power to exempt on a change in the factory.
• Power to exempt during public emergency.
• Notice to Inspector before commencement of work.
• Registration and deregistration of factory
• Powers of Inspector
• Certifying surgeons
• Disposal of wastes and effluents.
• Ventilation and temperature
• Dust and fume
• Artificial humidification
• Drinking Water
• Latrines and urinals
• Precautions against contagious or infectious disease
• Compulsory vaccination and inoculation
• Power to make rules for provision of canteens.
• Welfare Officer
• Precautions in case of fire
• Fencing of machinery
• Work on or near machinery in motion
• Employment of young persons on dangerous machines
• Striking gear and devices for cutting off power
• Self-acting machines
• Casing of new machinery
• Prohibition of employment of women and children near cotton openers
• Cranes and other lifting machinery
• Hoists and lifts
• Revolving machinery
• Pressure plant
• Floors, stairs and means of access.
• Pits, sumps, opening in floors, etc
• Excessive weights
• Protection of eyes
• Powers to require specifications of defective parts or tests of stability
• Safety of building, machinery and manufacturing process.
• Power to make rules to supplement this Chapter
• Precautions against dangerous fumes
• Explosive or inflammable dust, gas, etc
• Power to exclude children
• Notice of certain accidents
• Additional power to make rules
• Weekly hours
• Weekly holiday
• Compensatory holidays
• Daily hours
• Intervals for rest
• Spread over
• Notice of periods for work for adults and preparation thereof
• Copy of notice of Periods for Work to be sent to Inspector
• Register of Adult Workers.
• Hours of work to correspond with Notice under section 60 and register under section
• Powers to make rules, exempting from restrictions
• Power to make orders exempting from restriction
• Further restrictions on the employment of women.
• Special provision for nights-shifts.
• Extra pay for overtime.
• Obligation to work overtime.
• Restriction on double employment.
• Control of overlapping shifts
• Application of Chapter.
• Annual holidays
• Pay during annual holiday
• Payment when to be made
• Power of Inspector to act for worker
• Power to make rules
• Exemption of factories from the provisions of this Chapter.
• Casual leave and sick leave
• Festival Holidays
• Prohibition of employment of young children
• Non-adult workers to carry tokens giving reference to certificates of fitness.
• Certificates of fitness
• Effect of certificate granted to adolescent
• Restrictions of the working hours of an adolescent.
• Notice of Periods for Work for adolescent
• Register of adolescent workers
• Hours of work to correspond with Notice and Register
• Power to require medical examination
• Power to make rules
• Provisions to be in addition to Act V of 1991
• Penalty for contravention of Act and rules
• Enhanced penalty in certain cases after previous conviction
• Penalty for failure to give notice of commencement of work or of change of manager
• Penalty for obstructing Inspector
• Penalty for failure to give notice of accident
• Penalty for failure to make returns
• Penalty for smoking or using naked light in vicinity or inflammable material.
• Penalty for using false certificate
• Penalty on guardian for permitting double employment of a child.
• Penalty for failure to display certain notices.
• Determination of "occupier" for purposes of this Chapter.
• Exemption of occupier from liability in certain cases.
• Presumption as to employment.
• Evidence as to age.
• Cognizance of offences.
• Limitation of prosecution
• Display of factory notices
• Power of Government to make rules
• Publication of rules
• Application to Government and Federal Government factories
• Removal of difficulties
• Repeal and Savings